Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Rodeo Lagoon - Hummingbird - 2/23/11

Anna's Hummingbird


Anna's Hummingbird


          After work I drove out to the Marin Headlands to Rodeo Lagoon. I parked my car and set off on a short walk along the trail that circumnavigates the lagoon. I was treated to the sight of this Anna's Humminbird perched in a tree top just off trail. I really lucked out with capturing the flared tail feathers. The photos remind of just a few weeks ago when I ran into the same photographer several days in a row. He was photographing a particular Hummingbird that seemed to be quite territorial.
          Hummingbirds are interesting birds to observe. Especially the aerial mating shows put on by the males. They can often times be seen flying high in the sky and then dive bombing, sometimes flying in J or O patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment