Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Richmond Bridge Sunrise - 8/24/11

Sunrise From West End of Richmond Bridges

          When I got out of bed to get ready for work I looked out the window and noticed a nice display of Altocumulus and Altostratus clouds in the sky. This is usually a good recipe for a colorful sunrise so I hurried through my morning routine and shuffled out the door about 20 minutes earlier than normal in hopes of capturing a fiery display.
I took the last exit before getting onto the Richmond Bridge and parked near the Marin Rod and Gun club at the scenic overlook.
          As I pulled into the lot a touch of neon red had just lit up the lower portion of clouds and I scrambled to find a good vantage. I spent the next 25 minutes watching the clouds turn from a vibrant pink to a subtle glowing white hue. A spectacular sunstar formed as it broke over the horizon.

Colorful Clouds Before Sunrise


Sunrise

          I took in my final moments of serenity before heading back into the rat race.

No comments:

Post a Comment