Friday, November 11, 2011

Sunrise at San Quentin Promontory - 11-11-2011

San Quentin Sunrise

          On my way to work I stopped off at the San Quentin Promontory where there is a quaint little beach with views of the Richmond Bridge. It's hard to believe that just a few blocks away is the state prison. The clouds were patterned nicely in the sky and I was hoping for some dynamite color, however; Several minutes later I realized the cloud cover was too thick and I would only get a small sliver of vibrant orange red just at the horizon line.

San Quentin Beach Sunrise

          The receding tide revealed some small tofani formations which made for nice foregrounds.

San Quentin Promontory


/>









San Quentin Beach

          Not a bad way to start the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment